[Sca-cooks] P: the extant bread recipes?

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Feb 16 18:16:02 PST 2004

Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa wrote:

>I was looking for the extant bread recipes the other day. I looked in the
>bread files on the Florilegium, but it doesn't include all of the known
>ones and has a lot of modern ones. Has someone put up an article anywhere
>that includes all the 7? 8? or 9?  extant bread recipes?

It isn't all of them, but all the ones we have worked on are in the
Bread section of the recipe section of the Miscellany. We have seven,
including one from India and some Andalusian recipes, and counting
Rastons and the Stuffed Tortillon as bread. i am fairly sure there is
also one in Gervaise Markham's book that we haven't tried.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook