[Sca-cooks] Squirrel recipes

Martina C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Feb 17 07:46:18 PST 2004

Greetings,

was at Estrella, so have about a hundred digests to catch up on (not
likely) so thanks for the heads up.

Irmgart, you are not that far off, but I would translate it a little
more like:
>From a squirrel you can take to roast/ prepared /and folded into a pie/
and let get cold/ so it is good and welltasting.

It does sound like take roast squirrel and prepare it (bone it?) and
stuff the bits in a pastry (bake or fry it, though that step is assumed
and not specified) and serve it cold.  Squirrel pastie anyone?

IIRC the original does inded have a woodcut of your standard bushy
tailed critter.

Gwen Cat
Back from a wonderful sunny Estrella with MISERABLY COLD nights.  If
anyone from the list was there, I am so sorry I did not get to meet you
face to face.