[Sca-cooks] Standing crust

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:56:49 PST 2004

I've had good luck using 18th & 19th century receipts (haven't had occasion
to research a period standing crust).  They called for boiling the fat &
water together, and a lot of kneading.
Also, I thought a "standing crust" meant more specifically a completely
closed pie form, not intended to be eaten.  Out of curiousity, what
receipt/idea are you basing your crust on?

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!
This is very good advice.