[Sca-cooks] Partly OP: Brown vs. white rice?

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 18:46:49 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/17/2004 4:30:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net writes:

As a small aside, period rices were more likely to be short or medium grain
rice.

Check health food stores, I've often found brown short grain rice there down
this way. AND my favorite.... brown basmati... which of course I shouldn't
really eat at this point of Atkins.... but really, once you smell it cooked, who
can resist? It has the flavor I keep reading regular brown rice should have I
think.... I've also seen a brown short grain glutenous rice and used it in
home made sushi...

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke