[Sca-cooks] Food in Tolkien(OOP) but event related....

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Mon Feb 23 11:01:31 PST 2004

At 01:33 PM 2/22/2004 -0500, Andrea wrote:
>In honor of Golem
>Blanchmange of Fish and Seafood

Ach! Sss! No! You try to make poor Sme'agol sick to his sstomach! You stews
his nice fresh fisssh and covers it with rices and milkss, /gollum/! Give
me fish /now/, and keep nassty rices! 8-)

But seriously, I recommend that if the fish is to have Gollum's name on it,
then it should be cooked lightly and served with sauce on the side.
Consider some of Taillevent's freshwater fish recipes, for example. Gollum
still won't like it, but at least he'll recognize it as fisssh.

>Armored Turnips

Sme'agol won't grub for roots and turnipses and taters. 8-)

>Stuffed Eggs

But can you suck them? And teach your grandmother? 8-)

>Gingerbrede

How about gingerbread people? Gollum won't want to eat them, but at least
they would represent one of his favorite foods.

>Salute to the Hobbits
>Bourbelier of Wild Pig
>Mushrooms
>Cabbage Salad
>Iussel (Bread Stuffing)
>Excellent Small cakes

How about herbs and stewed rabbits? Perhaps an adaptation of connynges in
cyuee, using herbs for default of powdour fort.

>For the Trolls and Orcs
>Stewed Mutton

What the trolls ate is roast mutton. On the other hand, many net users
advise against feeding the trolls. :-) Once they had some dwarves to cook,
the trolls considered mincing them fine and boiling them, or else pressing
them (raw, bone in), as alternatives to roasting.

>Buttered Wortes
>Rys
>Tart of Applys

Stale grey bread and raw dried flesh might be more orcish.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon