[Sca-cooks] Spices was licorice,

Ron Carnegie r.carnegie at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 13:47:33 PST 2004

Err...   There were a number of typos in the previous post most important
being in the definition!
 it should read," One or other of various strongly flavoured OR aromatic
substances of vegetable origin, obtained from tropical plants, commonly used
as condiments or employed for other purposes on account of their fragrance
and preservative qualities."  Little less confusing that way.  Also my
teacher was AT BEST a terteriary source not A best. (though he might think
differently!)

Ranald