[Sca-cooks] Spices was licorice,

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Feb 23 21:30:46 PST 2004

At 07:07 PM 2/23/2004, you wrote:
>Funny these should come up because I read a historical novel just a few
>months ago that takes place after 1066 and around the time Rufus' hunting
>[accident] in which a man is sold some seeds to grow saffron with the
>promise it will be the harvest of the future

Heh. But saffron doesn't come from seeds... ;-)

'Lainie
-who is working on a novel herself and hoping to not make boneheaded
mistakes...
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918