[Sca-cooks] Ras' and Platina's pig?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Feb 24 12:18:22 PST 2004

Also sprach Pixel, Goddess and Queen:
>  > Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>>  >Phlip wrote:
>>  >
>>  >>
>>  >>http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/02/24/offbeat.china.pig.ap/index.html
>>  >>
>>  >Wow.  Some Pig!
>>  >
>>  >Selene
>>
>>  Terrific! (Sorry, I can't remember what the third web says... .) I am
>>  reminded of Wodehouse's stories of Lord Emsworth and his
>>  prize-winning Empress of Blandings, with the bad-'uns trying to
>>  Nobble The Favourite on the eve of the contest...
>>
>>  Adamantius
>
>Radiant?
>
>Did you see the televised one with Peter O'Toole as Lord Emsworth?
>
>Margaret

Bleah! The Ninth Earl of Emsworth is supposed to be dreamy and
absentminded, not a psychopath coming out of his thorazine dose...

Richard Briers was inspired as Galahad Threepwood, though!

Adamantius (who somewhere has an mpeg of a 1950's David Niven in
old-man makeup as Pongo Twistleton's Uncle Fred!)