[Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 26 18:19:09 PST 2004

Stefan, it is a matter of context.  Is context general usage or a
specialized technical usage?  As you can see from the dictionary
definitions, banana can be either a herb or a fruit or both and the exact
definition and usage is context dependent.

Bear

" 1.  Any of several treelike Asian herbs of the genus Musa, especially M.
acuminata, having a terminal crown of large, entire leaves and a hanging
cluster of fruits.

"2.  The elongated, edible fruit of these plants, having a thick yellowish
to reddish skin and white, aromatic, seedless pulp."