[Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Feb 26 20:51:21 PST 2004

At 06:31 PM 2/26/2004, you wrote:

>As I recall, rosemary isn't a woody shrub, its a herbaceous shrub, while
>conifers tend to be woody and cone bearing.  Conifers and rosemary are both
>evergreens,  but the conifers are gymnosperms while the rosemary is an
>angiosperm.
>
>Bear

Now _I'm_ confused. The rosemary bush out back (roughly the size and shape
of a 'horta') is pretty woody, especially the older it gets. But could you
explain 'gymnosperm' and 'angiosperm' for those non-botanists among us?

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918