Rosemary was Re: [Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:16:42 PST 2004

>Olwen the Odd wrote:
>

>>But rosemary is primarily started from a growth, not a seed.  I am not
>>sure I have ever seen rosemary seeds.  I've certainly never seen seeds on
>>the plants and the oldest rosemary hedge I have known was well over 20
>>years old!  It was indeed very woody at it's core branches.  The thing
>>just sent out creepers and it kept sprawling until it was a hedge that
>>went the entire length of the yard.  Funny thing that.  When the owner of
>>the house died, the rosemary did too, within weeks.
>>Olwen
>
>There's an old saying that where rosemary grows, a woman is the master of
>the house.  Was the owner a lady?
>
>Selene C.

Why yes.  He adult son lived there with her and he primarily took care of
the house and yard, etc. as she was getting quite on in years.  He was
rather hermity but when he walked out and saw the rosemary suddenly dying,
he came around the corner and asked me to come look.  I took some of the
last home and it tasted awful.  I never heard that saying.
Olwen