Rosemary was Re: [Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Feb 27 13:37:18 PST 2004

At 11:32 AM 2/27/2004, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/27/2004 12:06:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>selene at earthlink.net writes:
>
>There's an old saying that where rosemary grows, a woman is the master
>of the house.  Was the owner a lady?
>
>Is THAT why I can never get the stuff to survive? <EG> Of course, the bay bit
>the big one too this last year, so go figure....
>
>Corwyn

Heh. Like I said, Regina's rosemary is as big as a horta, and the only male
here is a 16-pound Maine Coon, who _thinks_ he rules, but he can't open the
door to the pantry where the food is kept...

(We inadvertently left the door open one day, and he got up, put his face
into the container, and tipped it over. We heard the crash, and when we got
there, he was face-down, having a good old kitty party! And he was NOT
HAPPY about being picked up and pitched into the other room so we could
clean it up...)

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918