[Sca-cooks] Cookbooks with period recipes for beginners

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 08:57:48 PST 2004

>Pani Jadwiga exclaimed:
>> > LOL Shucks and here I just pat them on their happy little butts and
>> > send
>> > them online to one of ya'll's websites.
>> > That is just to start and get people interested in the fun recipes.
>> >  Half of the cooks on this list have so heavily researched most recipes
>> > that it is great for beginners to read those first.  The one thing I
>> > would love to see in a modernized or for beginners book is pictures of
>> > the end product.
>>
>>Oooh! That would be fun... Hey, Julianna... are you listening? There's a
>>project for the EK cooks guild and/or Kaffa...
>>
>>Period recipes for the non-cook: an illustrated cookbook. We could put
>>it online.
>I don't know if you mean on (or only on) the EK cooks guild site or not.
>But I can handle pictures on the Florilegium, and I'd be willing to host
>this. Some well done pictures might help abolish any old medieval food is
>just brown goop tale.
>
>Stefan

If I ever figure out the scanner system at home I have several pictures of
plated dishes just about to go out for feasts.  It would be easy to identify
each dish recipe.  We seldom load several recipes onto one platter so
individual platings might be more easy for onlookers to pick out.
Olwen, determined to learn this year