[Sca-cooks] Re:Citrons

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 15:36:03 PST 2004

        Someone must still be growing them...not only can you get candied
citron in those nasty little boxes (always dried-out and bitter) but they are
used in a ritual for the Jewish holiday of Succott, the citron being called
'essrog'.  Many very fine and beautiful ones are imported from Israel around
--um--early fall.  My landlord the rabbi assures me that it is not only proper but
good and respectful to make the fruit into something edible afterwards, rather
than just discarding it.
     Devra
yeah, yeah. I know that it's January, and early fall is a long long time
away.

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com