[Sca-cooks] back to food was PETA

Nambeanntan at aol.com Nambeanntan at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 20:06:44 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/15/2004 10:30:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vhsjvs at gis.net writes:

> I wonder if
> there are any PETA advocates in the animal kingdom suggesting that lions
> stop hunting deer and other animals low on the food chain.

I had a talk with the local PETA chapter president.  She rescues stray cats
and rehabilitates them with shock collars so they learn not to hunt.  She also
had strange ideas about using animals for fabric production.

 I have a few questions if someone could help with,
I tried making a seafood salad but couldn't find plain squid, only a bag of
IQF squid, cuttlefish, mussel and shrimp.
What is the difference between a cuttlefish and a squid?

In the supermarket a jar of risotto rice (12 oz) goes for 6.99,
pearl rice, one shelf down, sells for . 59 per LB
Can any short or pearl rice be used for risotto?

The tree at work is bearing fruit, I like eating them right out of hand.  No
one at work seems interested in them.
Does anyone have recipes for kumquats?

Annan