[Sca-cooks] Pennsic illusion foods class

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 12:20:33 PST 2004

Olwen mused:
> I may even get up
> the courage to do a class in weird, easy ways to mold marzipan, except
> I'll probably get shot down for using modern tools, molds, etc.
Don't worry about it. I've taught my hands-on "pewter casting using
carved soapstone molds" class at Pennsic one year and at Gulf Wars for
about ten. Although I talk about several methods, I use an electric
melting pot to melt the pewter and we carve the molds with modern
tools. But none have ever complained about this and I think it is fine
if the end result looks close enough to the originals.

I would be interested in taking such a class.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com