[Sca-cooks] Easte Kingdom Cooking Collegium

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 20:42:00 PST 2004

 Today, there was held a most wondrous event in snowy Settmour Swamp. (East
Kingdom)

Creators and consumers all gathered there for the event known as a Cooking
Collegium.

The day was spent both feeding our minds and our bellies and none was left
with nary a space to fill from the Swamp's abundant tables.

>From the cuisine's of China to Spain to Germany and back while classes about
beer and strudel and cheese whetted the appetite and the fine feast by the
most capable hands of Baron Erick and Baroness Mistress Merlynia left us wanting
for none.

The Iron chefs: Iron Roses Gravin Victoria and Countess Brekke battled with
spoons and rosewater against a newcomer Dietrich, and in the sated bellies of
the judges a new Iron Chef was born. Hail Dietrich, master of the ingredient
improv!!

What a wondrous spectacle did we view!! What a fabulous feast did we taste!
What a happy populace were we!!

THIS is why I am in the SCA!!!

Andrea MacIntyre
(P.S. This was fun---when is the next one??)

Our minds are like our stomachs; they are whetted by the change of their
food, and variety supplies both with fresh appetites.
Marcus Fabius Quintilian (35 - 90) Roman orator