[Sca-cooks] roasting chickens

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jan 30 15:21:08 PST 2004

Ok, so I'm roasting chickens for this event on the 21st. I need, by my
calculations, about 20-27 pounds of bone-in meat. I have access to
electric roasters. I'm thinking that 3 roasting chickens, about 8 pounds
each would be alright, but would I be better off with the smaller fryers?
And if I put all three chickens in one roaster (which I was planning on
doing) do I treat the timing as if I had one big 24 pound chicken, or just
1 8 pound chicken, or somewhere in between?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"They did the job they _didn't_ have to do, and they died doing it, and
you can't give them anything. Do you understand? They fought for those
who'd been abandoned, they fought for one another, and they were betrayed.
Men like them always are. What good would a statue be? It'd just inspire
new fools to believe they're going to be heroes. They wouldn't want that.
Just let them be. _Forever._"-- Terry Pratchett, _Night Watch_.