[Sca-cooks] Flyer for Banquet dels Quatre Barres

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 18:13:42 PST 2004

> Food lovers unite, again! The Barony of Caer Mear
> (Richmond, VA) cordially invites you to a celebration
> of Catalan cuisine on March 20, AS XXXVIII (2004).
> ...will present a
> feast with dishes selected from Catalan cookbooks of
> the 14th and 15th centuries, including, but not
> limited to:
>
> Pa, queso i almendras (Bread, cheese and almonds)
> Brou de gualines (Chicken broth)
> Lagostins ab dos salsas (Prawns with two sauces)
This sounds good. I'll be interested in seeing what the two sauces are.
> Esparechs ab vinagre (Fried asparagus with red wine
> vinegar)
> Queso i membrillo (Manchego cheese with quince paste)
This is a very nice combination. I served this to my family and
relatives at our Thanksgiving dinner.
> Guatles en ast ab aygua sal (Spit-roasted quail with
> orange sauce)
> Confits de fonoll (Fennel confits)
> Cervo a la sarreynesqua (Venison in the Saracen style)
> Aros ab let de amelles (Rice with almond milk)
> A table of confits will follow the banquet for your
> enjoyment throughout the evening.
A number of these other dishes sound interesting as well. I hope you
will post the recipes to this list later.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com