[Sca-cooks] Ingredient Question Turkey Hearts and Livers

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 09:36:32 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/2/2004 12:24:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phelpsd at gate.net writes:

<<I've been seeing in the frozen meat section turkey hearts and turkey livers
packed in little tubs at very reasonable prices.  Does anyone have any
suggestions regards period recipes that might be adapted for their use?
I'm thinking cold savories for a munchie tray but any suggestions would be
appreciated.>>

I couldn't tell you where to find the recipe, but there's an Elizabethan
recipe for a "garbage pie" that includes that sort of thing - it might be for
chicken bits rather than turkey, but should be usable.  I don't know if it's
called "garbage pie", but I know there's a earlier recipe called "garbage" that
uses chicken bits.  I've always wanted to serve garbage and compost in the same
meal...

Brangwayna