[Sca-cooks] RE: Obscure measurements

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 09:48:35 PST 2004

>Yeah, the basic difference between it and a small jar is that the top
>had to be removed with a bottle opener (usually) rather than by
>twisting it off.

There's a company that makes traditional Mexican sauces (mole poblano,
pipian, chile verde, et al.) that packages their product in this way.  I
think it's Herdez, but don't quote me.  I can personally attest to the
quality of their pipian sauce; it's made with roasted pumpkinseed, chiles,
wheat crackers, peanuts (I think) and spices, and hooboy is it good.  Stir a
couple spoonfuls of the paste in with your favorite chicken-braising liquid,
and let it cook.  Yum.

Vicente
(who got the molcajete of doom for Christmas)
If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson