[Sca-cooks] OOP--West Kingdom 12th Night

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 12:40:19 PST 2004

On 1/2/04 6:47 AM, "Huette von Ahrens" <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
> wrote:
>> Huette commented:
>>> Winners were given Mother
>>> of Pearl Spoons called Hester Spoons, as (if
>> you
>>> have ever read the Scarlet Letter) Hester was
>> the
>>> mother of Pearl.
>> Bad. bad. bad.
>> And unlike most of Adamantius' movie quotes, I
>> remember this one.
>> Stefan
>
> 1) This is a legitimate contest, which started
> more than 30 years ago, which was not started by
> me so don't credit me with the wonderful pun.  I
> am merely a spoon bearer/winner.

Oh nooOOooo, nobody in the Barony of Angels ever made bad puns like this!
<tongue firmly in cheek>  I'm not sure whose rotten joke it was.  I suspect
Baron Sarkanyi but he was a suspicious character after all. <g>

> > 2) Movie quote?  This isn't a movie quote.  At
> best, it is a literary one.
>
> Huette

The book was made into movies, more than once.

And yes, we should start it again - Let's discuss it off list.

Selene C.