[Sca-cooks] Jar Cheese Recipe (was) obscure measurements

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 3 10:04:16 PST 2004

> Daniel> Blue cheese, Old English, Bacon and Chedder are all still
available in the
> "glass" last I looked.

Greetings,

This discussio of Cheese in jars has made me crave one of my family's
traditional get-together foods. My mother always has a couple of bags of the
following in the freezer to pop out whenever we come over. They are mostly
an appetizer, but can sub in for lunch if you are lazy. Do not eat
frequently or your arteries will hate you.

Crabbies:

6 English Muffins
1 Can Crab Meat
1 jar Old English Cheese
1 Stick Butter
1/2 t Garlic Salt
1 1/2 t Miracle Whip

Soften butter, add mayo, garlic salt and Old English Cheese. Stir. Add
flaked crabmeat. Split muffins in half & spread with mixture. Freeze 1/2
hour. Cut into 1/6 or 1/8 pieces and freeze on tray. Put in freezer bags.
When ready to serve, broil 5 minutes or until browned.

Also, my mother usually freezes them whole and then cuts them in half to
eat. I guess the small is for cocktail parties.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva