[Sca-cooks] Baking bacon

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Thu Jan 8 13:56:28 PST 2004

Also sprach Lorenz Wieland:

Restaurants seem frequently to omit the rack, and just drain the
bacon when it's done. Some people use parchment paper to line the
pan; it makes cleanup a little easier. My own experience seems to be
that the bacon continues to cook/brown for a few minutes after you
take it out of the oven, so remove it just a bit before the point
where you actually like it done. If that makes any sense. I suspect
it's a phenomenon related to cooking most of the water from a food
which has a lot of fat; I notice the same phenom when making a brown
roux.

Adamantius