[Sca-cooks] Safety in the Kitchen

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 11 20:51:06 PST 2004

>>I am giving a lecture at our local practicum on safety in the
>>kitchen.  I have
>>quite a bit of information and want to round it out more.

I'm going to expand this... How do you handle food safety in an
outside kitchen?

We cook a feast once a year in a place with NO running water, all
water and ice are carried in.  This is a living history group, and
trying to look period.

How do you handle raw meat in places that cant be cleaned easily?

We are using unfinished wood tables, that cant really be cleaned.
I cover them with clean table cloths, and change as necessary.
and cutting boards for raw meat.

Ranvaig