[Sca-cooks] cooking rice

Lorenz Wieland lorenz_wieland at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 17:34:18 PST 2004

Interesting idea on the asparagus butter.  Thanks!  I'll have to try that
one, as risotto is my lady wife's favorite week night meal and I'm
constantly looking for new variants so I don't burn out on the same few
recipes (try risotto instead of pasta in Stroganov -- c'est magnifique).

As an aside, many Italian cooks don't consider risotto complete without the
addition of butter and/or cream at the end, in contrast to what I posted
earlier.  I think the rice itself produces a creamy enough taste and texture
without the addition of dairy fat, but your mileage may vary.

-Lorenz