[Sca-cooks] a worrisome quote from Le Menagier

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jan 13 10:10:08 PST 2004

> I STR something about how he was an older man and she was a Tender Sweet
> Young Thing (around 15 or so, IIRC) from a household of slightly lower
> social standing than his, and so might not have had that sort of training.

Nope, she was of slightly HIGHER social standing.

>  >
> I am wondering if female hares had a tendency to live longer than males,
> and thus the older ones were more often female? Anybody want to comment on
> that?

I suspect, rather, that the problem may have started with the Greeks,
perhaps Aristotle, who couldn't count nether orifices even on his wife.
(Aristotle claimed that women didn't have a separate urethral opening.)

Hares and rabbits in general are often considered symbolic of lust and/or
reproduction, i.e. to reproduce like rabbits or to ***** like bunnies.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
-- Margaret Mead