[Sca-cooks] Preserved Foods

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Tue Jan 13 22:09:16 PST 2004

I am very interested to know how period pickles were prepared.  I love all
things pickled and have always got some jars going.  Tonight I have been
munching on pickled daikon radish.  I got my pickling spice from my local
Indo-Pakistani shop and it has many more interesting things in it and the
result is very good.  Thanks for that web site, Anahita, I am going to look
into it.

Has anyone ever tried to make olives from scratch?  From the raw fruit.  I
have, but it is very rare that I see them in the markets.  Anyone know a
good source of raw olives fresh off the tree?

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
vhsjvs at gis.net

> Olwen wrote:
> >  >One - in the fall - will be for Preserved Foods.

I would be interested in that Olwen.  Let me know when the time gets closer.