[Sca-cooks] Preserved Foods

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Jan 14 11:47:14 PST 2004

Sorry, I've only got sketchy info on that. His job was mostly to pick
them. I do know they do salt-cured because it's the easiest method. I've
seen the containers of olives in salt at his parent's house--it looks to
be kosher salt or something along those lines.

Here are some recipes I found for preserving the olives:

http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blfruit38.htm
http://www.allbaking.net/ch/2002/october/joccanning1.html

And a recipe for roast duck with black olives:
http://www.e-rcps.com/pasta/main/fowl/duck_roast_olv.shtml

Margaret