[Sca-cooks] Preserved Foods

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Wed Jan 14 22:02:45 PST 2004

I make a dry skin cream that contains, among other things, comfrey.  Comfrey
is a good knitter of wounded skin, but should never be used on deep wounds
because the surface layer is quickly knitted, but the rest of the wound
becomes covered and provides a warm anaerobic environment for certain
bacteria to feed on, thrive and multiply, thus causing a sub-cutaneal
infection.  I can't give you more detail than that, but this is what I know
and why I put a warning label on the jar for people not to use the cream
where there is a deep wound.  It is excellent for abrasions and shallow
cuts, tho.

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom