[Sca-cooks] back to food was PETA

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Jan 16 06:36:57 PST 2004

As someone on one of my fiber lists put it (PETA being a topic there,
this week, as well),
"using silk only kills the moths; using polyester kills us all."
They (PETA) also have this inflammatory, inaccurate website
(woolisbaad.com, I think).  To someone who doesn't know anything about
sheep, it might be pretty alarming, but a number of folk on my fiber
lists were pointing out that many breeds of sheep *have* to be sheared,
as they don't shed naturally.  (I do not know if that's a result of
breeding, though.)
--maire, trying and failing to come up with OFC (to early, not enough
caffeine)