[Sca-cooks] OOP Bugs was:International recipe site

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 07:18:28 PST 2004

>I have only one small bit of evidence pointing towards Europeans eating
>horse meat in period, and would like to have more. I have a number of
>recipes and such for western Asian regions eating horsemeat.
>
>horse-recipes-msg (24K)  8/31/03    Period horse recipes. References.
>http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/horse-recipes-msg.html
>
>Stefan

This doesn't really pertain to eating horse in period... My mother and I
were at a restaurant one time and she ordered steak. When the steak arrived,
she ate a bite and freaked out and demended a refund becuase she didn't like
being served horse as steak. They bent over backwards to please her. Later I
asked her how she knew it was horse. She told me that during the depression,
it wasn't uncommon to eat horse because there wasn't anything else, and the
horse was getting to old to be ridden.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com