[Sca-cooks] OT: Coldness...was:It just doesn't seem right...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Fri Jan 16 12:00:37 PST 2004

Also sprach Debra Tonjes:
>  >
>>  Of course, for those that want to be unsympathetic, I can simply
>>  point out that they're sitting at their computers, reading this, so
>>  how bad could it be where they are right now?
>>  A.
>
>Actually, I'm wrapped in a feather blanket...I have no heat in the 'living
>room' in my apt...have to leave the three computers on for heat..

And they actually provide heat? I'm assuming some kind of Pentiums,
then. Apples run quite cool. But then, you could probably fry an egg
on top of my son's iMac.

>I hate winter, just for the record...
>
>Althea, freezing in Pa

Well, it's now a ridiculously roasty-toasty 24 degrees F. at the
LaGuardia Airport weather station (it wasn't forecast to go over 20
in the city), and to add insult to injury, I found that one of the
living room windows was open just a crack, maybe 1/4 inch. Of course,
it's the window that involves partially climbing behind my lady
wife's jewelry workbench to get at, and it was open just wide enough
as to still be invisible from a distance.

I actually rather like winter, normally, but prefer it to be an
annoyance instead of life-threatening.

Adamantius