[Sca-cooks] OT: It just doesn't seem right...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 12:03:31 PST 2004

I live where i do in California because i DETEST cold. And it's too
cold for me here (SF Bay area - only over 80 Fahrenheit a several
weeks a year - and not necessarily consecutive weeks.

I grew up in the Chicago area - it was regularly -20 F. in January in
the evening and at night and not vastly warmer during the day, not
counting wind chill factor and there are strong winds there.

I do feel sympathy for the folks in Maine, where i heard the cold
plus wind chill was -80 Farenheit.

I don't know why, but i am now even more sensitive to cold (in high
school i wore a long sleeved cotton shirt over a turtle neck if it
was around 70 or 70 F.). I don't just feel cold but i feel deep pain
in my limbs, if it's below 70 F., and for me 70 F. isn't particularly
warm.

Anahita