[Sca-cooks] Food Movies Revisited

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 16 18:41:33 PST 2004

Ok, here is the list, just titles with no comments.  Many of these are
remarkable for a particular scene instead of being an entire movie that is
devoted to food, although some are.
Feel free to add on from here, but please be kind and delete the main list
before adding in your new suggestions.
Christianna

"Mostly Martha."
"Babette's Feast"
"Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?"
"Tampopo"/"Dandelion"/"The Noodle Shop"
"Eat,Drink,Man,Woman" and "Tortilla Soup"
"The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover"
"Like Water for Chocolate"
“Chocolat”
"The Big Night"
"A Chef in Love"
“Vatel”
"Volere, Volare".
"My Father's Glory" and "My Mother's Castle"
”Tom Jones”
"Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
"The God of Cookery"
"Fried Green Tomatoes."
Harry Potter movies
" Eating Raoul "
“Motel Hell”
“I Love You to Death”
"A Passage to India"
“Woman on Top”
“The Joy Luck Club” (Chinese/American)
“Full Moon Lunches” (Japan)
“301/302” (Korea)
"Age of Innocence"
"9-1/2 Weeks"
"Last Tango in Paris"
"Tha Man Who Came To Dinner"

Documentary
	“Feast” (Yanomamo documentary)
	“Yum, Yum, Yum”
	“Garlic is as Good as Ten Mothers”
	"J'ai Eté au Bal" ("I Went to the Dance")
	"In Heaven There Is No Beer"

Food in scarcity-
	"A Private Affair"
	"Soyent Green"
	"King Rat"
	"A Boy and His Dog"?

TV –
	Lenny Henry's series, "Chef!"
	"Pie in the Sky" – TV series
	“The Spice of Life” - Edward Woodward narrates

Books –
	“Someone is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe”
	"Death by Chocolate"