[Sca-cooks] Food Movies Revisited

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 17 06:38:54 PST 2004

Thanks, Adamantius, I'll add those to the list.  I have been trying to
figure out the name of a film I saw on one of the higher-numbered movie
channels like Encore or Starz recently.  It starred Christopher Lee as a
boy's school instructor.  The main character was a young boy who's father
was ill in France, so was being placed in a boarding school for a time.  He
has learned the art of fine dining from his pop, so to make himself feel
better and less lonely, he starts sneaking into the kitchen at night and
preparing various delicacies.  He gets discovered by one boy after another,
and they start a gourmet club after-hours.
It was a really cute film, and the kitchen scenes are good, the food they
prepare is classical French.
Anyone seen this one and have a clue as to the name?  I searched Christopher
Lee sites last night and couldn't find anything (out of 153 movies listed)
that looked familiar.
Christianna