[Sca-cooks] hanging meat:::was PETA

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sat Jan 17 10:54:50 PST 2004

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius <adamantius at verizon.net> [2004.01.17] wrote:

[Lots of black pudding types snipped]

The Swedish versions are blood + (rye) flour, one recipie I'm having in
front of me also includes milk, stock or beer, sauteed onions, allspice,
cloves, white pepper, ginger, majoram, (beet sugar-)syrup and optionally
raisins; cook in a bain marie until done (90 min at 175 C).

There is also a recipie for "small blood crepes" (blodplättar); milk,
rolled oats, blood, flour (wheat or rye/wheat mix), syrua, pallspice,
and majoram. Fry as small crepes (there are special cast iron pans
available here for making 6-7 3" crepes simultanously). Never cooked
that one, must try it the next time I buy blood.

> So you can see how difficult it can be to know how to proceed when
> someone asks you for a blood sausage recipe. I mean, I'm assuming you
> won't be making them at home, so this is mostly a moot or academic

The black pudding style ones can ber made in any normal kitchen, as can
the 14th C malaches.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
It would be relevant at events if people were making a reasonable attempt
to be medieval people instead of attendees at a costume party, but that is
only occasionally the case, unfortunately.  -- David/Cariadoc