[Sca-cooks] Organ meat, was OOP Bugs was:International recipe site

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Jan 17 17:02:38 PST 2004

At 04:41 PM 1/17/2004, you wrote:
>Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>>At 02:41 PM 1/17/2004, you wrote:
>>
>>>Sounds good to me! Around here we use "husband" (note that "hubby" saves
>>>no syllable use), "wife", "himself" and "herself", respectively.
>>>Occasionally my wife uses a peculiar euphemism for "husband": "heh
>>>azole". As a form of address. I assumed it was a term of endearment from
>>>her Chinese dialect...
>>
>>Heh. I dated for nearly four years a knight who thought that 'yew azole!'
>>was a term of endearment.
>
>I didn't know you spoke Toysan. What does it mean, anyway? I'm guessing,
>"Most respected and beloved one."

Not even! It is a special language endemic to women under pressure and
about...to...blow...

No, not 'respected and beloved', but more like "I'm remembering what my
mother always said about you and at the moment I'm not remembering what was
so fascinating about you that I would ever have incurred her wrath when I
brought you into the bosom of our family..." and that's before she begins
to contemplate the presence of your underthings on the bathroom floor, a
scarce six inches from the basket; the bits of hair in the bathroom sink;
the eternal presence of the stair machine, which you use as a handy place
to hang laundry; the inability to move from room to room without making a
racket; the bellows at the tv when your team is losing, the shouts when
they win; and the mark on the ceiling where you jumped up too fast from the
sofa and the cheez doodles and beer slammed above you...

No, far from 'respected and beloved', is it a reprieve- a woman's way of
saying "I don't remember why I love you, but I do. And you damn well better
be grateful!"

>>  So much that he would deliberately do things that he knew would elicit
>> that in response. He thought it was 'cute'.
>
>I would _never_ do that. Much. Well, not all the time.

Susan's a saint. ;-D)

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918