[Sca-cooks] cold green sauce?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Jan 18 08:21:56 PST 2004

> <<The viandier of Taillevent: An edition of all extant manuscripts by
> Taillevent
> (Author) (Paperback - October 17, 1997)
> Usually ships in 24 hours List Price: CDN$ 31.00 Our Price: CDN$ 31.00
>
> The vivendier: A critical edition with English translation by Terence Scully
> (Editor) (Paperback - January 1998)
> Usually ships in 3 to 5 weeks US List Price: USD $22.95 CDN Equivalent: CDN$
> 29.38 Our Price: CDN$ 29.38>>
>
> These are not the same book, nor taken from the same manuscript.
> The first, the Viander,  is usually dated fourteenth century, existing in 4
> different manuscripts according to the book jacket, while the information on
> the manuscripts inside the book lists one of the manuscripts as "a parchment
> roll from the second half of the thirteenth century", one as 14th century, and
> two as fifteenth century.

However, Scully DID do a translation of this first one:

_The Viander of Taillevent: an edition of all extant manuscripts_ Edited
by Terrence Scully. University of Ottawa, 1988. ISBN 0-7766-0174-1

I bought my copy from Devra at Poison Pen for $31.

Scully also did an edition of the  Viviender, but that's a different book.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
-- Margaret Mead