[Sca-cooks] Re:Is Susan a Saint?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 02:52:00 PST 2004

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:

>>hm, not sure saints sit in their undies eating pigs knuckles and
>>catsup watching cartoons....grin
>
>On the contrary, they do! They also sleep on the couch with a baby
>passed out on their chest, a baby that did not give up and go to
>sleep until 5am.

Hard to argue with any of this. Sainthood is messy business,
sometimes. If it weren't, it wouldn't be necessary _or_
inspirational. (By the way, in no particular order, Father Mykel
Judge, Mother Teresa and Albert Schweitzer are on my suggested list
of people to be canonized; I may have a little trouble with
Schweitzer, though. And no, he is not the father of Alfalfa.)

However. It was pig's feet, not knuckles, and I was appalled, at the
time, by her choice of cartoons, but I also knew that anybody who
could be that enchanting under those conditions was someone I'd be
with for life. And I just wish I looked as good in the size and style
of underwear I wore 20 years ago, as she does.

One other thing about saints: sometimes they stay up until 3:30 AM
using the main family computer (the Mac with the graphic software
that actually does what you want instead of doing what it thinks you
ought to want), e-mailing copies of the PTA flier they've been
working on to their spouse's e-mail address for archiving, which
causes them to have Eudora running for seven hours straight, the same
Eudora, with the same settings, that said spouse uses TO READ THE
SCA-COOKS MAILING LIST. And when the saint's NAME appears in the
subject line, well, suffice it to say that the fact that I am still
alive under the circumstances is all the proof of sainthood anyone
should need.

Adamantius (how the h*** did I get out of _this_ one??? Quickly
deleting mail...)