[Sca-cooks] Vatican Library

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jan 19 14:47:34 PST 2004

> Really? That would be so fascinating. To be able to go in and recover
> missing books. But I doubt the Vatican will cough up anything. They seem
> to be in the habit of picking the wrong sides of arguments and not
> apologizing for anything.
>
> Elewyiss

*wry grin* the recent hoo-ha about demanding all the Jewish books back
from the Vatican is based on the apology John Paul II made for the
centuries of Catholic Anti-Semitism, and how John Paul ought to atone for
his sins and the sins of his church by giving the books to Israel before
he dies.  Somehow, I suspect that the hurry is to get the books from John
Paul before he dies and they appoint a Pope who didn't go to school with a
Jewish kid and really hasn't ever apologized for anything yet.

Ob food comment: gossip claims that Karol Wojtyla imported some Polish
nuns to the Vatican so that he could have good home cooking occasionally.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
-- Margaret Mead