[Sca-cooks] Ok I am looking for an online cookbook

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 19:35:55 PST 2004

On 19 Jan 2004, at 20:53, kattratt wrote:

> Aproximately 3 weeks ago I found an UN-Translated Spanish Cook Book
> Online. It was a period Book with an Anonymous author.  It was I believe
> LATE Period.  It was not the Andalusian cookbook.

There's an anonymous 14th century confectionary manual on Thomas
Gloning's website.  It's in Catalan, not Spanish, but it might be the one you're
thinking of.
http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/confits.htm

The 15th/16th c. "Manual de Mujeres" is an anonymous household manual.
It contains some recipes for sweets, but most of it is medicinal and cosmetic
recipes:
http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/FichaObra.html?Ref=414

There are some Spanish cookbooks on the Fons Grewe website, but they
are post-period and by identified authors.

If there is some other period Spanish cookbook online, I would be delighted
to know what it is.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net