[Sca-cooks] OT: Verizon.net

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Tue Jan 20 06:41:54 PST 2004

Also sprach Patrick Levesque:
>Here's what I get when I try to send mail to aeduin:
>
>Petru
>
>-------
>

>This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

>   Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:57:05 -0500
>   From: Patrick Levesque <pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca>
>   To: aeduin <aeduin at verizon.net>
>   Subject: Cookbook does not get through
>
>Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
>
>   Recipient address: aeduin at verizon.net
>   Reason: Server rejected MAIL FROM address.
>   Diagnostic code: smtp;550 You are not allowed to send
>mail:sc013pub.verizon.net
>   Remote system: dns;relay.verizon.net
>(TCP|132.206.27.42|62216|206.46.170.12|25)

I expect to be spending a decent chunk of my morning on the phone, or
I'd call Verizon back; when I spoke to them last night they asked for
this info, claiming they don't simply block specific domains. I do
know they've been swapping a lot of their server software lately.

Do you want me to forward a copy of the doc to Aeduin, since I'm
_also_ using a Verizon address?

Or has he gotten it already?

Adamantius