[Sca-cooks] OT: It's that time again...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:45:20 PST 2004

Happy New Year to you and yours and everyone else on the list who celebrates
this one!

>Well, folks, the Lunar New Year is almost upon us again (tomorrow at
>sundown). As has become the custom here, I and sometimes others post their
>menus (those who celebrate this holiday, anyway). This is my somewhat
>reduced-labor version, largely comprised of dishes people who follow these
>posts of mine have seen before:
>
>--Iron Steak with black mushrooms (little, pounded, flank-steak scalloppine
>-- alleged to look like a flat-iron -- tenderized with a pinch of baking
>soda, seared and served with sauteed black mushrooms in oyster sauce gravy.

I laughed at this one.  At the local tavern we have been spending too much
money on food at, they offered up a special of flat-iron steak.  Their's was
far from pounded, but another incredible inch plus thick steak rather
reminicent of a tenderloin steak / filet mignon.  Man can this place cook
steak!

>As usual, I tend to be absent from e-mail and phone contact, as of tomorrow
>evening, through the following sundown, at least. May you all have a
>wonderful New Year (we will be entering the Year of the Monkey)!

And a shot of Makers Mark raised in memory of Dennis, friend, born in the
year of the Pig.

>Adamantius
Olwen