[Sca-cooks] Food Movies Revisited

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 20 13:03:43 PST 2004

Ok, I've spent an insane amount of time working on refining this list, but
hey, I'm having fun.
Adamantius, there are a couple of things you contributed that I can't find
anything about whatsoever, can you expand on your thoughts on these two:
“Full Moon Lunches” Japan

and

“Feast” (Yanomamo documentary) (I found a Horror film by that name, but it
seriously doesn't look like what you were talking about)

Someone else also posted a list of Food in Scarcity movies, among which was
"A Private Affair", which I can't find anything about.
Care to give more details?

I have found some interesting things surfing around the All Movie Guide
site, including:

“Lunga Vita alla Signora!”(1987) Italy.  Released in the US as “Long Live
the Lady!”, ”Lunga Vita alla Signora!” is an "experience vs. naivety" outing
from Italian director Ermanno Olmi. The Lady (or Signora) of the title is a
mysterious matron who lives in a crumbling mansion. Six catering trainees
are brought to the castle upon its conversion into a resort hotel. They are
ordered to prepare a special meal for the old lady, whom none of them ever
seen for more than an instant. As the caterers grow in wisdom and
sophistication, we learn that the lady may very well be an urbane ghost
rather than a flesh-and-blood entity. “Lunga Vita alla Signora!” is a
rewarding experience for those willing to give the film their full undivided
attention. — Hal Erickson

Cheers!
Christianna