[Sca-cooks] lent, wine, indulgences, de Nola

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jan 20 18:42:25 PST 2004

At 06:27 PM 1/20/2004, you wrote:

>Funny, this is right after a private discussion I recently had about how
>the Catholic Church does not, in fact, engage in, countenance, or
>encourage the worship of saints.

So where does that leave Saint Susan? ;-)

>  But obviously, if someone thinks something is true, then it is true. So
> all the rest of that stuff above must be true, too... ;-)

Well...
Lacking my pet books, I hit the websites expiating doctrine, and that was
the one that appeared to be written in English. ;-)

Come to think of it, I once had someone tell me that it's only sinful if
you feel guilty (and I seem to remember I was in a compromising position at
the time).  So if he believed that was true...

Nah. Too easy.

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918