[Sca-cooks] Illusion feast was Portuguese Cookbook

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 09:18:18 PST 2004

>Fish marzipan?  Do you mean fish shaped marzipan
>or marzipan mixed with fish?  The first would be
>okay.  The second sounds yucky.  :-)
>
>Yeah.  I know.  You know were I live.  I am
>quaking. :-P
>
>Huette

Yerch.  Here's hoping it is like our almond jello "lutefisk."
[which, for the uninitiated, was actually almond-flavored agar gel dessert,
made up in fish-shaped jello molds, as a tip o'the hat to authenticity
without subjecting the 20th Century Americans to the real thing.
Only a few authenticy mavens complained.  Everyone else yummed it up.]

Selene