[Sca-cooks] lent, wine, indulgences, de Nola

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Wed Jan 21 13:51:03 PST 2004

Christianna wrote:
> Since it will be march, how about some Spring time dishes, perhaps with a
> Mediterranean slant since spring comes sooner in the south.  Easter is April
> 11th this year (in the US, and taking the converted calendar into account).
> Spring greens, asparagus, lamb dishes, etc.
> That would be my pick.

Thanks to all who recommended springtime stuff such as lamb and herbs...
great ideas on both counts!  I'd like to do the herbs one once my garden
is up, though it probably won't be photogenic til at least May (I'm in
Canada), which means July publication :(

As for lamb, anyone got recipe recommendations?  Anything particularly
springy, from pre-1550.  Most of the recipes I can think of are for
mutton, not lamb.

Would rabbit be another thing to do for spring?

Yours,

Katherine

--
Goodwife Katherine Rowberd (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert)
katherine at elizabethangeek.com  http://elizabethangeek.com/