[Sca-cooks] Gunning for Olwen

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 21 17:38:27 PST 2004

Olwen wrote:
>Don't you just love helping people figure out new cool things to play
with?
>As for the shrimp, we shall make a date for next pennsic. I may even get
up
>the courage to do a class in weird, easy ways to mold marzipan, except
I'll
>probably get shot down for using modern tools, molds, etc.

Oh, piddle!  I'll come to your class and chomp on anyone who tries to
"shoot you down" for using modern tools, etc.  Do the class, Olwen!  I'd
love to see how you do things.  Isn't the idea to get folk excited about
trying something medieval-ish and then they can begin to work into more
authenticity??  And sometimes it's just fun to play!

Alys Katharine