[Sca-cooks] teaching at pennsic

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 22 11:40:32 PST 2004

i had a blast teaching in camp a few pennsics ago=)

we had to send someone up to lead the people to the camp, but holding it
in camp was the best idea....

i taught 'period grains' and used the stuff in our pantry as
appropriate. worked out nicely, though i still have never written up the
  notes into a formal handout, i have a fair number of links to the
information online on my other computer=)

i would heartily recomend if you have room in your camp, the number of
students that can sit at the average picnic table is a great class size,
especially if you are teaching and use hands on materials. if you are
teaching something [like marzipan] it is nice having everything there
without having to schlep it over hill and dale to class, and back again=\

i was thinking of doing a class on redaction, starting with the recipe
and ending up with the food made, definitely an in camp sort of thing. i
might do the period grains again, not sure yet=)
--
Aruvqan, nicknamed Margali